Clomid 50 mg
(The Original Brand to Treat Infertility in Both Men & Women)
Clomid® (clomiphene citrate) is an orally administered non-steroidal ovulatory stimulant. It is used for the treatment of infertility in both men and women.
Clomid is an extensively researched gonadotropic-stimulant that exhibits reasonable clinical and safety profile in all patients of reproductive age.
Active Ingredients and Role of Ingredients
Clomid® possesses estrogen agonist and antagonist properties like any other non-steroidal triphenylethylene compound. Each tablet contains clomiphene citrate USP, which regulates the overall reproductive system in both men and women.
Mechanism of Action
Clomid® works by binding with estrogen receptors (ER) in the brain. The more the ERs are occupied, the lower the estrogen level falls in the blood.
When estrogen level falls in the blood, a signal is transmitted to the pituitary gland through feedback mechanism to compensate for it. Once stimulated, the pituitary gland releases gonadotropins, i.e., FSH and LH hormones.
- In women, the FSH and LH induce egg development and ovulation
- In men, FSH leads to an increase in sperm production and LH leads to an increase in testosterone production.
Clomid® is used to treat infertility in:
- Women associated with polycystic ovary syndrome or ovulatory dysfunction which causes irregular ovulation.
- Men due to low sperm count
Clomid® is liable to cause some unwanted effects, such as:
- Blurred, decreased or double vision
- Bloating and Breast discomfort
- Headache, dizzinessor lightheadedness
- Stomach or pelvic pain
- Heavy menstrual periods or bleeding between periods
- Mental depression
- Nausea or vomiting
- Nervousness or restlessness
- Trouble in sleeping
- For females: 1 pill to be taken daily for five days, starting on day four or five of menstrual cycle.
- For males: 1 pill to be taken for 90 days with a break of five days after every 25 days