Plasil with Enzymes
(Metoclopramide, Bromelain, Simethicone, Pancreatin & Sodium Dehydrocholrate)
Multi-Enzyme Tonic for Facilitating your Digestive System
Plasil® with Enzymes contains digestive enzymes that break down and digest fats, starch, and proteins in food. It is used in conditions, such as post-gastrointestinal bypass surgery, cancer, chronic pancreatitis etc., where digestion is slow and the pancreas/gall bladder cannot make or release enough digestive enzymes into the small intestines to digest the food.
Active Ingredients & Mechanism of Action
- Metoclopramide – speeds up emptying of the stomach by enhancing the peristaltic movement of the digestive tract. It also controls nausea.
- Bromelain – helps in protein degradation and prevents pain & inflammation.
- Simethicone – reduces abdominal distension and bloating by absorbing the gases from stomach and intestines and decreasing the surface tension of gas bubbles.
- Pancreatin – enhances digestion of nutrients in the food.
- Sodium Dehydrocholrate – stimulates the bile flow from gall bladder into the duodenum and reduces the chances of bile stone formation.
- Food indigestion
- Gastric backflow & heartburn
- Bile flow obstruction
- Nausea & vomiting
Avoid Plasil ® with Enzymes tablets if there is:
- Allergy to itsingredients
- Pregnancy & breastfeeding
- Chronic heart disease
- Bleeding disorders
Avoid the following medicines or consult your doctor prior to using Plasil® with Enzymes Tablets:
- Barium sulphate
Common side effects observed are:
- Intestinal discomfort
Stop this medicine and consult your doctor if you notice:
- Allergic reaction
- Severe pain
- Bloody diarrhea
- Any other serious condition
Dosage & Instructions
Dosage is given according to the severity of the condition of the patient by the doctor. Usually, it is one tablet three times daily with meals.
Prior to using Plasil® with Enzymes, please inform your doctor about:
- Your medical history, allergies, and medicines you take at present
- Pregnancy or lactation