(Rifampicin, Isoniazid, Pyrazinamide & Ethambutol-HCl)
Rifin Forte® is a WHO-recommended treatment for tuberculosis. It based on the tetra-antibiotic formulation that provides reliable results and patient compliance.
How Rifin Forte Works in Your Body
Mechanism: It kills bacteria by arresting protein synthesis and hence, its growth.
Mechanism: It stops cell wall synthesis in mycobacteria thereby preventing the bacterial growth.
Mechanism: It disrupts mycobacterial bacilli cell membrane making it more acidic and prone to disruption.
· Ethambutol Hydrochloride
Mechanism: It disrupts cell wall synthesis and stops bacterial growth.
- Spinal cord bacterial infection
- Severe diseases of skin, nerves and mucous membranes
- Allergy to any of its ingredients
- Pregnancy & breastfeeding
- Bleeding disorders
Rifin Forte® has a propensity to interact with other drugs. Avoid the following medicines or consult your doctor prior to taking Rifin® Forte:
- Anesthetics like halothane
Dosage & Instructions
Consult your doctor for dosage. Usually, it is:
- New Tb cases Initial phase 3 months treatment:
- 30-39kg 2 tablets daily
- 40-54kg 3 tablets daily
- 55-79kg 4 tablets daily
- Recurrent Tb Cases Initial phase treatment for Recurrent TB cases is:
Take Rifin® Forte with Streptomycin for 2 months then for the next 1 month take Rifin® Forte alone.
- Loss of appetite
Leave Rifin® Forte and see a doctor immediately if you notice any of the follow symptoms:
- Allergic skin rashes
- Severe pain
- Toxic psychosis
- High blood pressure or sugar level
- Cardiac or respiratory problem
Before using Rifin Forte®, inform your doctor about:
- Medications you are taking
- History of allergy or any other present health condition
- Pregnancy or lactation