(Clopidogrel + Enteric Coated Aspirin)
With Double Core Tablet Technology to Erase Risks from Your Life
Valvprin® is an antiplatelet drug used for the treatment of atherosclerosis. It reduces the risks of heart attack and strokes by treating blood circulation disorder and acute coronary syndromes and keeping the blood vessels open and clot free.
Valvprin® is globally recommended combination that has:
- Reduced the risk of MI, Stroke, and Death relatively by 27%.
- Synergetic effect in preventing thrombus (clot) formation.
- Significantly reduced the risk of cardio-cerebro-vascular events.
- More potent antithrombotic effects than conventional blood thinners.
- Ideal long term treatment for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS).
Valvprin® contains clopidogrel and aspirin, both of which are powerful platelet aggregation inhibitors. These prevent platelets (blood cells) from sticking together and forming blood clots in arteries and veins.
Mechanism of Action
Valvprin® is a double-core tablet that contains clopidogrel in the outer layer and aspirin the inner layer. Clopidogrel dissolves in the stomach whereas aspirin is released and absorbed from the duodenum.
In the liver, clopidogrel is converted to to its active form by carboxylesterase-1 which irreversibly binds to P2Y12 ADP receptors on platelets.9 This binding prevents platelet aggregation.
Aspirin is an NSAID and anti-coagulant that disrupts the balance between prostacyclin (which inhibits platelet aggregation) and thromboxane (that promotes aggregation).
Valvprin® is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Myocardial Infarction – Heart Attack: It occurs due to lack of blood flow, when an epicardial artery is blocked usually by a blood clot.
- Stroke – Brain Attack: It happens when a blood vessel feeding the brain gets clogged or bursts.
- Peripheral Artery Disease – It is generally derived from the presence of occlusive arterial disease, which causes inadequate blood flow to the limbs.
Special Instructions & Precautions
Valvprin® is not recommended for pregnant women and children (less than 2 years of age).
Some of the side effects for Valvprin® include:
- Mild bleeding or bruising
- Stomach pain
- Diarrhea or constipation
Valvprin® may interact with Tipranavir – an HIV protease inhibitor
Valvprin® has a convenient once-a-day dosage.