Muscle-Relaxant and Kill-Anxiety Tablets to Calm Patients before Surgery
Epizolam® contains midazolam maleate, a benzodiazepine – that is effective in producing a calming effect on the brain and the nerves. It is formulated to work as a pre-operative sedation.
Midazolam Maleate: It belongs to the benzodiazepine class. It is a hypnotic-sedative drug used for its anxiolytic, anti-convulsant properties as a sedative. It has a rapid and short duration of action.
Mechanism of Action
This tablet is absorbed rapidly and completely in the body. It works by binding to the gamma amino butyric acid (GABA) receptors to increase productivity of the natural neurotransmitter (GABA). This produces a sedating and calming effect and relaxes the skeletal muscles.
- Premedication for surgical procedures
- Short term treatment of insomnia
Dosage & Instructions
- Tablet can be taken anytime of the day provided the patient gets 7-8 hours of undisturbed sleep at least
- the dosage range should be 7.5mg to 15 mg
For elderly patients:
- the dosage should be 7.5mg
- Medication should be given 30-60 minutes before the procedure