(Dextrose 5% + NaCl 0.9%)
One litre fluid contains 50gm glucose and 9.0gm Sodium Chloride.
PaciDexal DNS is available in:
- Correction of salt depletion and hypovolemia with supply of energy
- Correction of vomiting and nasogastric aspiration induced alkalosis and hypochlremia along with supply of energy
- Fluid compatible with blood transfusion
- Hypotonic dehydration
- Temporary treatment of circulatory insufficiency and shock if plasma expanders aren’t available
- Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone (or use 3% sodium chloride)
- Addisonian crisis
Dosaage and Administration:
Should be administered according to the clinical condition of the patient, age and body weight.