- One litre fluid contains Sodium Chloride – 9.0 grams.
PaciSal NS is available in:
- Water and salt depletion as in diarrhea, vomiting, excessive diuresis or excessive perspiration
- Treatment of hypovolemic shock
- Treatment of alkalosis with dehydration
- Blood transfusions, Resuscitation
- Hypercalcemia, Severe salt depletion and hyponatremia
- Initial fluid therapy in DKA
- Fluid challenge in prerenal ARF
- Irrigation for washing of body fluids
- Vehicle for certain drugs, Can be given safely with blood
Dosaage and Administration:
Should be administered according to the clinical condition of the patient, age and body weight.
Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) and hyperglycemic, hyperosmolar, non- ketotic coma (H.H.N.C.) may require 500 – 1000mL/hour if blood glucose is greatly elevated and patients are hypotensive and/or dehydrated.