(Rifampicin U.S.P 300mg, Isoniazid U.S.P 150mg)
Rifinah® provides a holistic combination of two potent anti-tuberculosis drugs that help provide relief and maintain health and well-being.
- Rifinah® is a combination of two active anti-tuberculosis drugs:
Mechanism of action
Rifampicin® and isoniazid are active bactericidal drugs used for treating tuberculosis. Rifampicin® inhibits the activity of an enzyme – DNA-dependent RNA polymerase – in infected cells, hence inhibiting their growth and reproduction while healthy mammalian cells remain unaffected and protected.
Rifinah® is used particularly in the treatment of Tuberculosis, actively working against the rapidly growing extracellular organisms.
Precautions & Contraindications
Rifinah®should not be taken by:
- patients with jaundice or those sensitive to rifampicin
- pregnant or breast-feeding women
- patients with impaired liver function
- elderly/malnourished individuals, unless vitamin B6 supplementation is being given along with the drug
Dosage & Instructions
Oral dosage should be taken on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes before a meal, or 2 hours after a meal.
Patients weighing less than 50 kg
- RIFANAH 150: 3 tablets
- RIFANAH 450: 1 tablet
Patients weighing 50 kg or more
RIFANAH 300: 2 tablets